We Are Currently Accepting Dogs in a Clinical Study for Demodectic Mange.
Check this info page or contact us through the form at the bottom of the page to learn about how to receive treatment!
Demodex mites are one of the most common mites infesting dogs worldwide and can cause severe, debilitating symptoms and disease. We are currently accepting dogs in a clinical trial to treat their symptoms as well as the infestation.
This study will evaluate the safety and effectiveness of this newly proposed treatment in dogs who are currently diagnosed with demodex mites.
Access to a new potential treatment for demodectic mange
The opportunity to be part of medical innovations for veterinary science
Eligible for compensation
What Will Happen in The Study?
There will be:
- Physical examinations
- Assigned study treatment
- Possible heartworm test
- 4 - 6 visits over the course of 60-90 days
Is My Pet Eligible to Enroll?
*Requirements for Eligibility to Participate Include (but aren’t limited to):
- Dog is at least 8 weeks old and <20 months old by day 0
- Dog is generally in good health or stable condition
- Dog cannot be pregnant or lactating, or intended for breeding during the study
- At least one dog in your household must have symptoms or evidence of an infestation of demodex mites
- symptoms include: hair loss, itching, redness and rash, greasy fur, dry or wrinkly skin
- Maximum of 3 dogs in household
- Dog cannot have been recently treated with a demodex treatment or preventative
- Dog cannot have tested positive for heartworms on Day 0 of study
*Please talk to the study veterinarian for more information.
The study covers all related costs, including:
Possible heartworm test
Assigned study treatment